You can use any kind of dried fruit. In fact, this year i ventured into a completely different variety -- figs, bing cherries, and blueberries. But get creative and use whatever you like.
|Dried apricots, figs, bing cherries, blueberries and fresh cranberries|
|All the fruits getting to know each other in this hot bath.|
- 4 cups of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup of dried apricot halves
- 1/2 cup of dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup of dried bing cherries
- 1 cup of dried figs
- 1/4 cup of chopped crystallized ginger
- 2/3 cup of packed golden brown sugar
- 1 cup of
frozen concentrated cranberry juice cocktail, thawedi forgot to pick this up at the market, so this year i used apple juice instead. Great alternative!
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
Increase the heat to high and boil until thick, stirring often - about 4 minutes.
Transfer to a bowl and mix in the vinegar.
Season with salt & pepper.
Cover and chill.
Yields 5 or 6 cups.
Can be made 2 weeks ahead of time.